|The Sorcerer IV WI5|
The front range rises dramatically from the plains, and there's almost no development. Approaches are long and difficult, first with hours of driving on destroyed roads, ice, and riverbeds, and then with hours of hiking and post-holing. We decided to do The Sorcerer. Despite the cornice looming over the route, the approach slopes are safe.
|A view of The Real Big Drip|
|Feeling less than great after driving past midnight|
|Zach leads pitch 1|
|Brett leads pitch 3|
|On the crux, p 4.|
|The crux was the blown out road.|
|The Weeping Wall, lower right hand side, WI5, 3 pitches.|
|Brett beginning the long crux pitch.|
The storming continued, but we decided to head up the parkway do the Lower Weeping Wall, which also has very limited avy hazard even with heavy new snow. It was a wet day out on good ice.
Our hopes for the alpine are limited. We have another 6 days here, and it's only going to snow more on those funky layers. If we're lucky then we'll at least get to see some of the big faces, and we'll keep climbing classic water ice.
|Brett at the crux.|